Using Weather and Climate Data Strategically
|Posted on February 3, 2019 at 11:05 AM|
Do you want to incorporate weather information into your business processes but don't know where to start?
First, you need to determine how you want to use weather strategically. Here are some steps to follow:
1. Select the corporate mission and major corporate goals as they relate to your weather related concerns.
2. Analyze the organization's external competitive environment to identify opportunities and threats as they relate to weather.
3. Analyze the organization's internal operating environment to identify the organization's strengths and weaknesses as they relate to weather.
4. Select strategies that build on the organization's strengths and correct its weaknesses in order to take advantage of external opportunities and counter external threats. These strategies should be consistent with the mission and major goals of the organization. They should be congruent and applicable to the company's business model.
5. Implement the strategies.
Once you have outlined your strategies, do you know or understand what is available and what is possible with weather data? You may be surprised as to what is available and what can be done with weather and climate data. Organizations like WeatherStrategy can assist you with developing weather strategies and with navigating the weather industry. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Categories: Weather and Business, Weather Resources